My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Random Meme

I got this one from Ian:

1. Open up the music player on your computer (if you have one -- the music player, I mean. Clearly you have a computer, because otherwise you couldn't read this).

2. Set it to play your entire music collection.

3. Hit the "shuffle" command.

4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. You can put the list in the comment thread, or write it up in your blog or Journal and then post a link in the comments.

5. I'm adding something; if you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don't have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you'd like.

Here are my ten (I had to skip a few repeats):

"Citric" - Chris Knox
"Evil" - Interpol
"Why Do I Feel" - The Shaggs
"In the Light of the Miracle" - Arthur Russell
"You Don't Know What Love Is" - Sonny Rollins
"In the Backseat" (live) - The Arcade Fire
"Miracle Drug" - AC Newman
"I'm Not Down (Hold Your Head Up)" - E-Jitz (from London Booted)
"Shannon Stone" - Go Home Productions
"Banana Co" (acoustic version) - Radiohead

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that list is so phallocentric

5:47 PM  
Blogger Justin Cober-Lake said...

Mine is, isn't it? 8 out of 9 that I know of (although AF are dependent on ovaries). I do have women artists, really. I listened to Le Tigre today and fought the patriarchical power (or pp, for short). I have fem-cred! Really! I know this woman who's my friend.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put my list up at my blog: http://www.diner-bitch.com

Surfing through on BE, by the way.

-Daria

2:50 PM  
Blogger DCZX said...

1. Petra - Sound of Moses - Rev. 15:3-4
2. Eric Clapton - Wonderful tonight
3. Dave Matthews Band - #36
4. Our Lady Peace - Shaking
5. Staveacre - Wither (reprise)
6. Buckethead - Stun Operator
7. Van Halen - On Fire
8. Santana - El Farol
9. Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Now Your Ships are Burned
10. P.O.D. - Satellite

2:23 PM  
Blogger Justin Cober-Lake said...

Gwen Stefani into Prince is maybe the best transition on here.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home