My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

New Releases This Week

These are the new albums that I'm interested in; unfortunately not necessarily the ones I've got. I'll start adding a rating for anything I've heard that's due out.

Andrew Bird -- The Mysterious Production of Eggs (Righteous Babe)
Dalek -- Absence (Ipecac) rating: 3.5/5
The Frames -- Burn the Maps (Anti)
The O'Jays -- The Essential O'Jays (Sony)
Out Hud -- One Life to Leave EP (Kranky)
The Pogues -- Streams of Whiskey: Live in Leysin, Switzerland (Silverline)
The Stray Cats -- Life from Europe (Surfdog)
Mia Doi Todd -- Manzanita (Plug Research) rating: 3/5
V/A -- Alone in the Dark OST (Nuclear Blast)

Some people are touting the Alone in the Dark soundtrack as the top primer for contemporary metal. I'll take their advice.

Who knew the Stray Cats were still together? What's the news on the Brian Setzer Orchestra?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard much from Brian Setzer lately. Unless some media outlet is talking about an artist, it's easy to forget them.

http://pimme.blog-city.com

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Well, at least _something_ worthwhile is coming from Alone In The Dark. On a similarly video game related tack, I'm kind of interested in hearing that Amon Tobin soundtrack...

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home