My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

In Which I Get All Personal

My Soulseeking article is up at Stylus today. It's about a baby and my always teetering existential issues. A little bit of Holocaust and the Who thrown in for good measure.

I've also got three reviews up at PopMatters in the past few days: Akron/Family and Angels of Light, Otis Taylor, and Rogue Wave. They're all good albums, but the first two really stand out. The Taylor's essential for blues fans -- it's his best album yet, if you're trusting someone who hasn't heard all of them. The A/F//AofL album (how's that for a legible abbreviation) has one of the year's finest moments, the closing section of "Raising the Sparks."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new recruit... and great soulseeking piece too, that's turning into one of the essentialest bits of writing on stylus.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home