My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, September 10, 2004

Bethany Dillon

A friend just gave me a heads-up on Bethany Dillon, a 15-year-old Christian folk/rock artist. She's not someone I'm going to be listening to much myself, but I do think she's talented. Her music is solid but unoriginal, but it's her lyrics that stand out. She's got a track called "Beautiful" that is about God's role in body-image issues, which is something that has tangible implications that young people (especially women) would be well-served to explore. It's straightforward pop that will probably be of interest mostly (but not only) to adolescents and post-adolescent.

You can stream most of her album on her homepage, which certainly warrants a visit. She's also got a blog there that's surprisingly articulate for someone of that age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home