My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The Chills -- Submarine Bells

This album is the one that's generally regarded as their classic, but I was more taken by Soft Bomb. That's not to take anything away from Submarine Bells, though. This disc, from 1990, actually has more catchy tunes on it. It's got a heavier emphasis on keys, too, which might explain why I was more turned to the other one, though I'm not sure -- it could just be because I've given Soft Bomb more quality listens in the car, and this one more half-listens in the study. Either way, you can't go wrong with the Chills.

Highlights: "Heavenly Pop Hit"



Tomorrow, the final and best entry on Kiwi Rock. If you're a fan of the Flying Nun circle, you know which one I'll be talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home