My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Tom Waits Article

Okay, so the article's 5 years old, but the Da Capo Best Music Writing 2000 has one of the most fun articles I've read in a while. "Gone North" by Robert Lloyd (LA Weekly) tells of a day spent with Tom Waits. Waits continually drops bizarre comments, observations, and trivia (from his notes) into conversation. Here are some of my favorites.

On the Mona Lisa: "The shaved eyebrows. That's what I go for."

On cooking (and I agree): "Of course, if I'm making something just for me, I'm not very picky, I might just pour some sugar in my ear, suck on a piece of dirt in my mouth, light my hair on fire. I'm fine with that."

On his music: "It's nice to be part of the dismemberment of linear time."

By the way, Waits has a new album coming out, Real Gone. I've only given it one listen so far, but it's pretty decent. This article, more than the new record, is going to send me digging through back catalog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Justin, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a comment such as yours with a different topic completely to what I was looking for. It often ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I tend to have a soft spot for blogs related to article directory and /or sites that have a central theme around article directory type items.

Once again, thank you, hope you don't mind if I visit again sometime :-)

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Justin, I find reading blog articles like Tom Waits Article most rewarding at times. It enhances the experiences of life in many cases.

Being a physician, amongst other things I often have a soft spot for blogs related to article sites and /or sites that are built around article sites type items.

Once again, thank you Justin, and I will look for your posts again in the future. :-)

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Justin , great post on title Health & Fitness . I have a similiar site on Health & Fitness , may we could trade link. If we don't have your Health & Fitness listed we will add it to our directory.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Justin, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a article such as yours with an unusual topic such as Tom Waits Article. It somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for blogs related to publish articles and /or sites that have a central theme around publish articles type items.

Once again, thank you Justin, hope to see more posts from you in the future :-)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home