My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, September 20, 2004

The 3Ds -- Fish Tales/Swarthy Songs for Swabs

Released in 1991, Fish Tales/Swarthy Songs for Swabs collects the 3Ds' first two EPs along with two bonus tracks recorded on a Portastudio. It's a solid outing, but nothing too spectacular. The band's still groping for their sound here, and they often lose themselves in their use of noise (which will become so effective on The Venus Trail). To me, this group's all about Denise Roughan -- I'd like to hear her sing on every track, and now I'm going to have to track down some Look Blue Go Purple discs.

I don't really have much more to say on this one. I'd recommend starting with The Venus Trail, and moving on to this CD if you'd like some more noise and lower-fi recordings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home