My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 29, 2004

Pick of the Week 11/29/04

Nina Simone -- Diva Series (Verve) 2003

Yep, the second Diva Series album in the past few weeks. No real reason why they're showing up.

This one now holds a special place with me. We were stuck in traffic on I-81 last night with only Nina to keep us patient. Worth it just for her rendition of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood," with the violins playing a soft echo of the Animals' hook. She's got the oddest voice of the singers I've been listening to of late and it's very enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a BE blog hopper, saying hello! I didn't want to have to set up a Blogger account to say hello, so hence I am Ms. Anonymous..lol.. Really like your blog!
http://fallingthroughtime.bravejournal.com/

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
http://www.zyrtec-9.info Contact lenses for dry eye Buy xanax and valium online free shipping Difference between zyrtec-d and zyrtec free generic zyrtec why i deserve a scholarship zyrtec d zyrtec vicodin Allegra travel agency in lagrande oregon Wheelchairs accessiable Basis skin care Rockwell hcf 56k data fax pci driver

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home