My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

New Releases This Week

Solomon Burke -- Make Do With What You Got (Sony)
Elvis Costello -- Delivery Man [Deluxe Edition] (Lost Highway)*
Doves -- Some Cities (Capitol)
Half-Handed Cloud -- Thy Is a Word And Feet Need Lamps (Asthmatic Kitty) rating: 3/5
Little Wings -- Grow (K Records)
Manic Street Preachers -- The Holy Bible [10th Anniversary Edition] (Epic)**
The Mars Volta -- Frances the Mute (Universal) rating: 4/5
Okkervil River -- For Real (There's Nothing Quite Like the Blinding Light) EP (Jagjaguwar)
David Singer and the Sweet Science -- The Stars Burn Out (Engine Studios)
Regina Spektor -- Soviet Kitsch (Sire)***

*The original's good, but no way am I already going to shell out more for a re-release.
**I have word that there have been some distribution issues with this one, so if it's not in your local store today, look for it in a week.
***I'll be reviewing this as soon as possible for Stylus. Looks intriguing but I've yet to spin it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Let us know how that Holy Bible reissue is; I love the original, but don't know whether the remaster is worth the price.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Justin Cober-Lake said...

Will do! I haven't heard it ever, being a fairly recent member of the MSP fan world. I'm excited about it, though.

Justin

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home