My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Ten Wheel Drive

Last night I finally got a good chunk of Ten Wheel Drive tracks to listen to (thanks for the tip, B). I had heard some Genya Ravan off her website, but the TWD stuff is much better; in fact, it's very good. The people who describe it as a rock-blues-jazz fusion are right on, although the jazz element is more formal than in actual sound or instrumentation. What I like about it is that they employ the best of prog without ever being prog-y (complex runs, interesting harmonics, no self-indulgence). Although the two groups sound utterly different, it's what I like about the Fire Theft, too.

Which reminds me that I still need to pick up Ravan's new memoir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home