My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Most Anticipated Releases of 2005

Now that I'm almost done with blurbs, list-making, reflections, debating, etc. for 2004, let's jump right ahead to the new year with the albums I'm most looking forward to:

Bloc Party -- Silent Alarm
Broken Social Scene -- Windsurfing Nation
Elbow -- Station Approach
The Flaming Lips -- At War With the Mystics
Grandaddy -- ??
LCD Soundsystem -- LCD Soundsystem
Lemon Jelly -- 64-95
M83 -- Before the Dawn Heels Us
The Mars Volta -- Frances the Mute (the unfinished version has leaked and is incredible)
The Rapture -- ??
Spoon -- The Beast and Dragon Are Adored
M. Ward - Transistor Radio
Kanye West -- Late Registration
The Who -- ?? (!!! - Finally! [also, I'll believe it when I see it])

Get a good preview of rock at DJ Martian's site.

I've also heard a few impressive albums already, including the new one from Stars (available now in Canada) and one from Crooked Fingers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

So has anyone already called that Elbow for Stylus, d'you think?

Haven't really heard any Mars Volta; what'd you think of their first?

That's quite the impressive list 'round DJ Martian's - if I wasn't on holiday I'd probably go through it quite thoroughly. Surely the new Aphex album thing is just a rumour?

Saw Crooked Fingers open for the Delgados; the stuff he said was new was quite good, and he was entertaining, but I never got the urge to get any of his stuff. But it was a solo set - he said he'd be back with a band at some point.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Justin Cober-Lake said...

I didn't really like De-Loused, but the new one's blowing me away. Based on a recent conversation I had with a fan, though, I get the sense that it's going to produce very polarized reactions.

I think the Elbow might be called, but I'll give you 15-minute headstart on it. After voting Cast of Thousands as the top album of 2003, I'm hardly qualified to review it anyway. :)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home