My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

New Releases / Catching UP

Lots of delays on the postings again, due to extra work, illness, and my car stereo and some cds being stolen, which threw me out of sorts for a bit. At any rate, I've hardly been writing for my official outlets, but I do have a review of Regina Spektor's debut up today:

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/review.php?ID=2871

It's a little experimental and the type of concept-review I don't generally go for, but something about the music drew me that way.

On to new releases:

Beck -- Guero (Geffen)
Blueprint -- 1988 (Rhymesayers)
The Bravery -- The Bravery (Island) 3/5
Morrissey -- Live at Earls Court (Sanctuary)
Okay -- Low Road and High Road (Absolutely Kosher) 1.5/5*
Over the Rhine -- Drunkard's Prayer (Back Porch)
Will Smith -- Lost and Found (Interscope)**
The Stereophonics -- Language. Sex. Violence. Other? (V2)
Summer at Shatter Creek -- All the Answers (Bad Man)

*I can't get past his voice, but others who have seem to enjoy this one
**Yes, I like Will Smith -- so there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I'd think you would be more ashamed at admitting a fondness for Stereophonics, honestly.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Justin Cober-Lake said...

Actually I'm not so familiar with them, but there a group I want to look into, due mainly to my recent listening to the Manic Street Preachers (whose The Holy Bible I'll eventually post on, after I make sure the rain-damaged-post-break-in discs are okay to play and see how much of the packaging I can salvage). Bastards.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home