My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, December 09, 2005

For fans of classical music; Bedford, PA; or Wrong Note Media

I just received this announcement from good friend, sometime-collaborator, and excellent composer Todd Goodman:


I wanted to write and let you all know that a work of mine called "Sketches of Home" for string orchestra was selected by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra to include on a concert on March 4, 2006. The concert is at Heinz Hall for the performing arts in downtown Pittsburgh and is free to the public. This concert is a new program started by the PSO last year where they read/perform three of the top student collegiate composers of Pittsburgh. "Sketches of Home" was commissioned and premiered this March by Nick Palmer and the Altoona Symphony Orchestra, of which I am there resident composer. I am writing now so you can mark your calendars for this (hopefully not, *wink*) once in a lifetime event. So, if you are near Pittsburgh and want to hear one of the world's greatest orchestra play a piece of mine, please plan on coming. If you have any questions send me an email.


Actually, if you have any questions you can email me or just leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home