My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Best Albums of 2004 (Reissued)

I'm going to go back over my top 40 picks from last year, with no re-listens and give my first response to seeing them on the list. I'm just curious how it plays out a year later.

To start:

39. Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt
I've only listened to this once or twice in 2005. I liked it, and liked the other Dungen stuff that's floating around, but somehow always forget about it. I'm not sure it would make my list again.

40. Jean Grae - This Week
I should have ranked this one much higher -- I just hadn't heard it enough times. This one didn't sink in until this past summer, when I listened to it walking around the neighborhood and on my trolley rides. Intense, smart, and unsual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home