My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Grammy Nominees Announced -- They Got a Few Right

The Times has the run-down on the Grammy nominations here. The big news from my perspective is my favorite artist of the year, Kanye West, getting 10 nods. He should win rap album of the year in a walk, although Jay-Z's The Black Album isn't half bad.

The nominees for rock album of the year are a joke. Only Green Day's American Idiot is even in my top 50 of the year.

For pop vocal album, let's give it to Smile, even if I haven't heard the other ones.

Look for Loretta Lynn to take home at least a few awards, probably for Van Lear Rose and "Portland, Oregon." She's fallen off my radar, but I still respect the new release. It's been way overrated, but it's quite good.