My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

29-32

29. Jason Forrest - The Unrelenting Songs of the 1979 Post Disco Crash
Just a blast, and "10 Years After" is the all-time best use of a Who sample, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.


30. Salim Nourallah - Polaroid
My respect for this guy keeps growing. It's a straightforward pop album, but just so well-crafted. I thought he might be a one-albums sort, but this year's Beautiful Noise was even better, cracking my top 10 in the best year for music since I've been reviewing.


31. Philip Glass - Fog of War
Tokenist? Maybe, but token classical soundtrack? It's just a lovely album that made my list before I had even seen the film and could match every thing up.


32. Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
A nice try, but it does fall a little short. It's got a handful of really memorable, affecting songs, but not a stellar sustained album, in part due to the 12 minute, ahem, experimental piece. I had rather listened to these songs as performed on the Kicking Television live album.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I had no idea Fog Of War's soundtrack was out on CD. Colour me intrigued.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home