My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 16, 2004

David Kilgour & the Heavy Eights -- David Kilgour & the Heavy Eights

I'm sitting here trying to keep this Kilgour album on in the background, but it keeps distracting me. I mean, it's not even Kilgour's best (I like Frozen Orange more and still haven't heard Feather in the Engine), but it has some incredible passages. The pairing of the last two tracks is genius sequencing, and "Tumbalin" is the perfect way to close out the disc -- mellow beauty after some serious rockin'.

Only complaint: I'd like some less muddy production. But take that as mildly as you can. In a few days, I'm going to be praising the Clean for their most lo-fi work.

Moneyest track: "Diggin for Gold"

Odd note: my local record store seems to have an unlimited supply of cut-out versions of this album for only $4.99. Those of you in Cville best pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home