My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Saturday, January 07, 2006

25 - 28

25. The Velvet Teen - Elysium
The first real WTF pick on my list. It's a bit overdone, but at the time, it was great for the long drives I was making on a somewhat regular basis. Not a bad album my any means, but just not as good as anything else on the list.

26. Wiley - Treddin’ on Thin Ice
I don't think this compares favorably with Dizzee or some of the stuff on Run the Road, but the manic beats and arcade effects do it for me.

27. The Ponys - Laced with Romance
Two albums now, and no one except me and Derek Miller seem to be paying attention. This one's much rawer than the follow-up, and slightly better, but not so much so that the craft in the second album is forgettable.

28. The Walkmen - Bows and Arrows
Still good, and one I find myself often using as a reference point when doing reviews. It doesn't always make it into the article, but it does sometimes make me think, "I've heard this before, and better."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home